I am considering offering private one-to-one training in digital stills photography.
If interested, please contact me via this website’s Contact page.
Here is some information about my background in photography education and professional practice:
- Tutor then lecturer and de facto senior lecturer/head of department at Curtin University School of Art and Design, participating in effort to reform photography education in Western Australia in conjunction with Dr Bill Gaskins from Nottingham Trent University, Dr Mike Weaver from University of Oxford and Ron McCormick from the School of Documentary Photography at the University of South Wales.
- Fellowship in Photography at Edith Cowan University where I worked on personal documentary photography projects and consulted on design of new photography teaching facilities.
- Photography teacher for creative high schools and self-run independent photography workshops.
- Magazine editorial portrait photographer for a range of glossy magazines and broadsheet newspapers in Sydney, specializing in emotive full-face close-up portraits, semi-surreal environmental portraits and documentary reportage about creative and innovative Australians. Discovered my work was being collected by a number of respected Australian art directors and designers.
- Conceived, cofounded and worked as European Contributing Editor for (not only) Black+White magazine, based in Sydney then London.
- Built global networks of photographers and directors twice, once as subjects for magazine stories and once for commissioning and producing for global advertising campaigns for major brands including adidas, BBC, English Heritage, Harrods, Hyundai, Porsche and many others.
- Creative production roles in advertising agencies and creative agencies engaged in advertising, events, marketing and public relations, including Leagas Delaney, Saatchi & Saatchi, Malcolm Garrett’s AMX Studios and George P Johnson in London and Sydney, as well as digital divisions of corporations such as Singtel Optus.
- Commissioned, briefed and produced established and up-and-coming photographers and directors for global and national advertising campaigns, scouted talented young photographers to help them get their first step up the advertising photography and directing career ladder, with special emphasis on undervalued female photographers and promising young Australian photographers seeking to build brilliant careers outside Australia.
- Exhibited photographs at University of Western Australia, Australian Centre for Photography (ACP), Art Gallery of Western Australia and other galleries and museums.