Panasonic has announced that its version 2.0 firmware update for the Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 camera will be released late September and the list of specifications is massive. Panasonic clearly has been listening to its users and has delivered far more than any of us could have anticipated in this update.
Rather than reiterate the content of Panasonic’s press release, I am listing here all the best articles, videos and other information that I have found so far.
- Crop Marks for 1:1, 16:9, 2.35:1 and 2.39:1
- DISP button lock
- 6K/4K 4:3 Anamorphic
- Anamorphic Desqueeze
- Anamorphic I.S for 1.3/2x
- 400mbps All-I 4K/UHD and 200mbps All-I FHD
- 72mbps LongGOP 10bit 4:2:0 HEVC
- HLG HDR + HLG View Assist
- HLG in 50/60p 10bit 4:2:2 over HDMI
- Improved AF
- Bluetooth Remote through app
- LUMIX Tether software for photo + video
- IBIS Lock mode for video
- 4K Shooters – Panasonic GH5 Firmware 2.0 Details – A Massive Update to be Released End of September
- B&H Photo – Panasonic Announces Highly Anticipated GH5 Firmware Update
- BBC R&D – High Dynamic Range Television and Hybrid Log-Gamma
- DPReview – Panasonic issues promised GH5 firmware update with a host of unexpected extras
- DPReview – Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Review – Updates with firmware V2.0
- engadget – Panasonic’s GH5 can now shoot widescreen 6K video
- EOSHD – Panasonic GH5 Review and exclusive first look at Version 2.0 firmware
- EOSHD – Shooting 5K on the Panasonic GH5 with the new ‘Open Gate’ mode
- Imaging Resource – Panasonic GH5 firmware update improves AF, adds tethered shooting & new 4:2:2 10-bit ALL-I mode
- Jacob James – Panasonic GH5 Firmware V2: What’s new?
- Lumix G Experience – Lumix DC-GH5 firmware update ver. 2.0 – major upgrade
- News Shooter – GH5 Firmware 2.0 specifications announced with release date
- The Verge – Don’t be afraid of the HDR format wars
- Trusted Reviews – Panasonic’s 2017 4K HDR and HD TV lineup – complete guide – all 2017 4K models are HLG and HDR compatible.
- Wex Photographic – Panasonic Lumix GH5: Firmware Version 2.0 Announced
- What Hi-Fi? – Hybrid Log Gamma explained: the new HDR TV broadcast format
- Wikipedia – Hybrid Log-Gamma
- YouTuber Magazine – CrftSho’s Drew Hall Talks Filmmaking and the Newly Updated Panasonic LUMIX GH5
V90 and Similar SDXC Cards
- ADATA – Premier ONE SDXC UHS-II U3 Class 10 V90 SD memory cards – for 3D video, 8K Ultra HD, 4K Ultra HD
- Amazon.com – ADATA Premier ONE 64GB SDXC UHS-II U3 Class10 V90 3D NAND 4K 8K Ultra HD 290MB/s SD Card (ASDX64GUII3CL10-C)
- Amazon.com – ADATA Premier ONE 128GB SDXC UHS-II U3 Class10 V90 3D NAND 4K 8K Ultra HD 290MB/s SD Card (ASDX128GUII3CL10-C)
- Amazon.com – ADATA Premier ONE SDXC 256GB UHS-II U3 Class10 V90 3D NAND Extreme 4K Ultra HD 290MB/s SD Card (ASDX256GUII3CL10-C)
- Amazon.com – Delkin 128GB Cinema SDXC UHS-II (U3/V90) Memory Card (DDSDUHS2128G)
- Angelbird – Angelbird AV Pro SD SDXCII 300MB/s U3 C10 V90 64GB
- Angelbird – Angelbird AV Pro SD SDXCII 300MB/s U3 C10 V90 128GB
- Angelbird – Angelbird AV Pro SD SDXCII 300MB/s U3 C10 V90 256GB
- B&H Photo – Delkin Devices 128GB Cinema SDXC UHS-II Memory Card – UHS-II/V90/U3/Class 10
- B&H Photo – Lexar 128GB Professional 2000x UHS-II SDXC Memory Card with SD UHS-II Reader (U3, Class 10)
- Delkin Devices – Secure Digital – 64GB and 128GB SDXC UHS-II (U3/V90) Memory Cards
- Hoodman – Hoodman Steel SDXC UHS-II 64GB – HS64GBSD2
- Hoodman – Hoodman Steel SDXC UHS-II 128GB – HS128GBSD2
- Wex Photographic – Panasonic 64GB SDXC 280MB/s(Read), 250MB/s(Write) V90 Card – so far it appears that the 64GB card is the only one available, awaiting replies to enquiries of Wex and Panasonic UK.
- Bernard Bertrand – GH5 FIRMWARE 2.0 – All-intra vs LongGop – HDR 4k HLG video – Lumix Tether Software
- CRFTSHO – GH5 FIRMWARE 2.0 – Hands On – FIRST LOOK at GH5 firmware version 2.0 with FOOTAGE AND MORE!!!
- CRFTSHO – GH5 FIRMWARE 2.0 – Hands On – WE HAVE HDR!!! RAW HLG FOOTAGE
- CRFTSHO – GH5 MAJOR DISCOVERIES in FW2.0 – SD CARDS Tested – HLG 4K 60P 10bit – What did we find?
- James Miller – Brighton HLG – “I really liked filming in HLG for SDR. Here is a really quick test I shot a few weeks back. Shot in 400Mbps 4k.”
- Martin Wallgren – GH5 Oslo Anamorphic HDR HLG2100
- PanasonicLumixVideo – Heirloom Trailer: LUMIX GH5 High Resolution Anamorphic HDR (HDR10)
- PanasonicLumixVideo – Panasonic LUMIX GH5 4K HDR Video “Isobel” – Creative & Crew: Nick Driftwood – Director, James Miller – Director of Photography… – BTS video and notes on shooting HLG HDR footage coming soon.
- PhotoJoseph – LUMIX GH5 Firmware Update V.2 ANNOUNCED! — Improved GH5 Autofocus!!
- Wex Photographic – Lumix GH5 Firmware Update 2.0 Overview – All-I vs IPB compression – video looking at ALL-Intra recording modes, 6K anamorphic recording using the full sensor and HDR recording using Hybrid Log Gamma.
Header image concept and hack by Carmel D. Morris.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
Camera, Kits, Battery Grip, V-Log L and Recorders
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only) – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 8-18mm Lens Kit – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-35mm Lens Kit – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-60mm Lens – B&H
- Panasonic DMW-BGGH5 Battery Grip – B&H
- Panasonic V-Log L Function Activation Code for DMC-GH4, DC-GH5, and DMC-FZ2500 – B&H
- Atomos Ninja Inferno 7″ 4K HDMI Recording Monitor and accessories – B&H
SDXC V90 cards
- Angelbird 64GB AV Pro UHS-II V90 SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Angelbird 128GB AV Pro UHS-II V90 SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Panasonic 128GB UHS-II V90 SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Really Right Stuff L-Plate Set for Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Camera Body – B&H