“Ever wondered what life would be like on your own private island? Or dreamt of whiling away your days as a travel blogger?
Fuji Island is the ultimate luxury escape for photography lovers….
… Created by FUJIFILM, the island comes with the latest camera equipment – including FUJIFILM’s brand new X-T3 mirrorless camera, world-famous lenses and a range of other photography goodies. You even have your own personal photographer on call….”
Fuji Island picture gallery, images courtesy of Fujifilm Australia
This sounds like an interesting concept, and I am looking forward to seeing participants’ photographs made on Fuji Island at a Fujifilm event that was apparently held there last week, the week of 3rd September 2018.
Although the Fuji Island web page states “Experience Fuji Island for USD $2,200 per night for up to two people (minimum two night stay)”, it appears that the island resort is capable of accomodating at least sixty-three people as that was the number of guests invited to the event.
Fuji Island seems to be a time-limited phenomenon rather than a permanent one:
Fuji Island is available for private hire and overnight luxury stays until 7th December 2018.
If you wish to take up Fujifilm’s special offer then make your booking fast, before southern hemisphere vacationers book up all available places!
Meanwhile we have received further information about another Fujifilm Australia event associated with Fuji Island.
Fujifilm Australia held “the XT-3 launch event on the mainland of Fiji where guests were staying (The Marriott in Momi Bay). The following day, we took everybody out by boat to Fuji Island. The launch event was held on the 6th September, and Fuji Island on the 7th.”
“There were 60 people in total attending the event. It was a mix of Fujifilm retailers, partners, staff and media.”
“We don’t have control over when media will publish articles, but we have already started receiving coverage.”
Further on Fuji Island, “Fuji Island is supposed to be an island paradise people can book. On the private island, there will be a host of FUJIFILM equipment, including an X-T3 that people can try out and take amazing holiday photos with.”
- Fuji Island, Picture Perfect Paradise
- Untitled – Fujifilm Australia Launches Innovative New X-T2 Digital Camera on Sydney Harbour – article about the launch event for the Fujifilm X-T2 that was held at Luna Park in Sydney, August 2016.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links and purchasing through them helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Bluestar Eye Cushions – B&H
- Fujifilm CVR-XT3 Cover Kit – B&H
- Fujifilm EC-GFX Round Eyecup – B&H
- Fujifilm EC-XH Wide Eyecup – B&H
- Fujifilm EC-XT L Long Eye Cup – B&H
- Fujifilm EC-XT M Medium Eyecup – B&H
- Fujifilm EC-XT S Small Eyecup – B&H
- Fujifilm MHG-XT3 Metal Hand Grip – B&H
- Fujifilm NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack – B&H
- Fujifilm VG-XT3 Vertical Battery Grip – B&H
- Fujifilm Fujinon XF Lenses – B&H
- Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera – B&H