Paul Leeming of Leeming LUT One and Visceral Psyche Films is like a dog with a bone that he just will not let go insofar as improving and updating Leeming LUT One, “the world’s first unified, corrective Look Up Table (LUT) system for supported cameras, designed to maximise dynamic range, fix skin tones, remove unwanted colour casts and provide an accurate Rec709 starting point for further creative colour grading.”
Mr Leeming has just shared an early version 503 beta for Panasonic V-Log L with me and, after applying it to some V-Log L footage of my own, it is clear that he has worked out how obtain even better, even more realistic colour and tonal rendering than before.
The more accurate and true-to-life the starting point obtained by applying Leeming LUT One before adding creative aka looks LUTs and other colour grading controls in your non-linear editing suite or colour grading software of choice, the richer and more satisfying the final result.
While this first version 503 beta is only for Panasonic V-Log L footage, Leeming LUT One version 503 for Panasonic cameras will be released for Cinelike D, HLG and V-Log L.
If version 503 has you as excited as I am, please do not put off purchasing it until later this year as version 502 is already streets ahead of any other camera LUT that I have tried out so far and purchasers of 502 now will receive 503 when it is finalized.
Leeming LUT One for Panasonic V-Log L 503 beta, footage by Paul Leeming
Leeming LUT One for Panasonic V-Log L 502 compared to 503 beta
Leeming LUT One 503 beta as a base for creative LUTs
Sneak Peek, Leeming LUT One 601 for Panasonic, Cinelike D
Header image concept and hack by Carmel D. Morris.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Angelbird 64GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Angelbird 128GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Angelbird 256GB Match Pack for the Panasonic EVA1 – B&H – special promotional packaging of two Angelbird 128GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC memory cards that are just as usable in other cameras than the AU-EVA1 that also have UHS-II SD card slots.
- Atomos Ninja Inferno 7″ 4K HDMI Recording Monitor and accessories – B&H
- Panasonic 128GB UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Panasonic DMW-BGGH5 Battery Grip – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5S Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera – B&H
- Panasonic V-Log L Function Activation Code for DMC-GH4, DC-GH5, and DMC-FZ2500 – B&H