“In case you missed it, I have google translated to English the entire press release leaked in German as well as manually translated the full specs sheet (see below). You can also download the specs sheet in English here at my dropbox….”
Fuji Rumors has outdone itself on the Fujifilm X-H1 with heavily detailed specifications lists, press releases, images and size comparisons between the X-H1 and other hybrid stills/video cameras whether mirrorless or DSLR, in advance of Fujifilm’s official X-H1 product announcement on February 15.
That announcement will no doubt also include the X-Mount versions of Fujifilm’s MK Series 18-55mm T2.9 and 50-135mm T2.9 cinema zoom lenses, previously released in E-Mount versions for Sony cinema and Sony Alpha hybrid cameras in the α7 and α9 series.
I will be publishing official product photographs, specifications, and links to articles and videos by moviemakers and photographers who have been working with pre-production versions of the Fujifilm X-H1 and X-Mount versions of the Fujinon MK Series zoom lenses after Fujifilm’s announcement on the 15th and no doubt that article will be a lengthy one.
With the leaks by DigiCame-Info, Fuji Rumors and Nokishita, there has been much discussion and speculation at online moviemaking fora, much of it comparing the X-H1’s video specifications to Panasonic’s Lumix DC-GH5 and DC-GH5S Super 16/Micro Four Thirds cameras, and Samsung’s discontinued but still revolutionary Super 35/APS-C NX1.
All three cameras raised the bar for mirrorless video very high indeed.
This is the set of video-centric features I have been hoping to see appear in the X-H1:
- 4K UHD and 4K DCI 200 Mbit
- 4K 60p
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization (IBIS) that works in conjunction with optical image stabilization (OIS)
- 10-bit 4:2:2
- Battery grip with full controls for vertical/portrait orientation
- Decent battery sizes
- Decent body grip
- Decent set of of well-spaced colour-matched native X-Mount prime and zoom lenses with manual clutch focus or at least linear focus-by-wire
- Dual memory card slots
- Exposure zebras with ability to set percentages/IRE levels
- External recording via HDMI 2.0+
- Full 10-bit internal F-Log
- Fully-articulated monitor
- Fully-customizable picture profiles
- In-body audio-monitoring aka headphone port
- Unlimited recording duration
- Viable eye and face autofocus
How many of these boxes, as it were, will the DSLR-style Fujifilm X-H1 tick and how much will any non-inclusion of essential features mitigate against the X-H1 in being a viable, up-to-date video camera for the sorts of productions that warrant Super 35 image quality?
Or, will that good old Australian saying, “close enough is good enough”, be applicable enough in the case of the Fujifilm X-H1?
- Digicame-Info – 富士フイルムX-H1のプレスリリースとスペックシート
- EOSHD – Fuji X-H1 is here – a Cinema 4K 200Mbit hybrid camera with IBIS to rival GH5
- ePHOTOzine – Top 13 Best Fujifilm Lenses Reviewed 2018
- Fuji Rumors – Fujifilm X-H1: 1080 at 120 fps, Face Detection in 4K Video and Video Specs Recap
- Fuji Rumors – Fujifilm X-H1: Full English Press Release and More Images with MK Lenses
- Fuji Rumors – Fujifilm X-H1: Full Specs In English and Fujifilm X-H1 Vs. Sony A9 Size Comparison
- Fuji Rumors – Fujifilm X-H1 Full Press Release and Specs Leaked. Price $1,899. Fujfilm X-T20 and GFX Firmware Coming too!
- Fuji Rumors – Fujifilm X-H1 Vs. X-T2 Specs Comparison
- Fuji Rumors – LEAKED: First Fujifilm X-H1 Images!
- Fuji Rumors – The Hidden Fujifilm X-H1 Specs that Fujifilm Does not Mention in Specs Sheets: SD Relay Recording and More!
- Fujifilm X
- Fujinon – Fujinon Cine Lens
- Nokishita – 富士フイルム「X-H1」のプレスリリースが掲載
- PetaPixel – Debunking 6 Myths About the Fujifilm X-Trans Sensor
- Theoria Apophasis – 🌀 IMPORTANT New FUJI X-H1 Feature explained!! 😁 – video
- Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success – Now Surfacing: The Long-Awaited Fujinon MK 18-55mm and 50-135mm T2.9 Cinema Lenses – E-Mount Now, X-Mount Later
- Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success – search results for “gh5 gh5s”
- Veydra – Shop/Lenses