The arts often cross-fertilize each other and inspiration is to be gained from anywhere and everywhere in the same way as fertile subjects for photography and moviemaking are often to be found just around the corner.
The colour and monochrome photographs of Joel Meyerowitz have been major influences on my own photography and moviemaking since seeing some of his colour photographs in a tiny little book decades ago, so it is wonderful to learn that Where I Find Myself, Joel Meyerowitz’s first major retrospective in book form, is due out soon to accompany a major retrospective exhibition in Berlin.
- CNN Style – American life through the eyes of a color photography pioneer
- iN-PUBLiC – Joel Meyerowitz
- Joel Meyerowitz – Facebook
- Joel Meyerowitz – Instagram
- Joel Meyerowitz – Once More Around the Sun
- Joel Meyerowitz – website
- Joel Meyerowitz – Wikipedia
- Laurence King – Joel Meyerowitz: Where I Find Myself
- The Guardian – Joel Meyerowitz: ‘brilliant mistakes … amazing accidents’
- The Guardian – The man who made colour cool – in pictures
- The New York Times Magazine – Joel Meyerowitz’s Career Is a Minihistory of Photography