Atlas Lens Co. has released the first three lenses in its Orion Series of relatively affordable cinema quality anamorphic prime optics, comprising 40mm, 65mm and 100mm focal lengths, all at a maximum aperture of T2 and with a choice of Arri PL or Canon EF mount.
The Orion 40mm T2 lens may well make an excellent first anamorphic lens for anyone wishing to explore or seriously shoot in the CinemaScope Anamorphic format on Panasonic Lumix cameras like the GH5 and GH4, whether renting or purchasing the lens.
The makers recommend adapters for those wishing to use the Orion Series lenses on cameras without EF or PL mounts:
An Interchangeable Mount System means you can use Orion Series Anamorphic lenses on any PL Mount camera one day, and any compatible EF, E-mount, or Micro 4/3 camera with appropriate adapters for your next shoot or second unit.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links and purchasing through them helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Metabones Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera T CINE Speed Booster XL 0.64x (Fifth Generation) – B&H
- Metabones Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation) – B&H
- Metabones PL Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera T Adapter (Black) – B&H
- Metabones T Smart Adapter for Canon EF or Canon EF-S Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras – B&H
- Metabones T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Full-Frame Canon EF-Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras – B&H
- MTF Services Ltd PL to Micro 4/3 Adaptor – B&H
- Novoflex PL Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera Adapter – B&H
- SLR Magic PL to MFT-Mount Adapter – B&H
- Vocas Micro Four Thirds to PL Lens Mount Adapter – B&H
- Wooden Camera MFT to PL Mount Pro for Panasonic GH3/GH4 – B&H