“Andreas Neumann talks about using the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K for the first time. ‘Balloons’ is Andreas’ extreme lighting test as he constantly shoots directly into the sun, wide open. ‘Balloons’ documents the camera’s performance from 5am in the morning into the height of the midday sun.
“I shot this test at Temecula in California, shooting from dawn until midday. This was a challenging environment for any camera, because I was constantly shooting into the light, or with the sun directly behind people’s faces. The detail I got was incredible. You can see everything reflecting in my wife’s Chanel glasses. You can actually see reflections off the ground, the balloon above, and the sky in the background. The camera really did capture everything I was seeing. I love shooting directly into the light wide open, and with this camera you could safely do that. I was totally amazed at what the micro four thirds sensor could handle. It seemed like the same quality as the URSA Mini Pro with the full sensor. I was also very surprised at how well the back-screen performed in bright sunlight, where I could truly see every detail.”“
The footage keeps on coming as US moviemaker Andreas Neumann shows off the low-angle, low-level lighting capability of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K aka BMPCC 4K with this video shot with Rokinon 24, 50 and 80mm cinema prime lenses.
- 8Sinn – Supported Cameras – Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Lock Circle – Hipock, the Pocket 4K Camera Cage
- News Shooter – Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K – ‘Models walking in daylight’
- News Shooter – First official video from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K released
- Olympus Global – M.Zuiko Pro
- SmallRig – SmallRig Cage for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 2203
Header image concept and hack by Carmel D. Morris.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links and purchasing through them helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K – B&H
- Blackmagic Design Mini XLR Cable for Video Assist/4K (Set of 2, 19.5″) – B&H
- Breakthrough Photography – B&H – the finest brass traction-framed ND, UV and CPL filters as well as the best step-up rings (sadly only sold direct on the company’s own website at present).
- Chiaro Premium UV Protection Filters – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 17mm f/1.2 PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.2 PRO Lens – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens – B&H
- Rokinon Cinema Prime Lenses – B&H