Medium format digital camera and lens maker ALPA of Switzerland has been showing off prototypes of its ALPA XO Exoskeleton for the Fujifilm GFX 100 DSLR-style medium format digital hybrid camera and the exoskeleton aka camera cage has an uncanny resemblance to the range of cages and accessories designed and made by expatriate Italian-Australian cinematographer/director Dante Cecchin for his LockCircle brand in northern Italy.
ALPA has long had a reputation for producing high-priced, well-designed and beautifully-manufactured cameras and lenses and has been expanding into the cinema space with its PLATON range and now the coming new XO range for the GFX 100.
Given the reputed high quality and precision of Mr Cecchin’s cinema camera accessories and his location just below the Swiss/Italian border, a collaboration between the two companies seems like a wise decision.
ALPA XO Exoskeleton aka Cage for Fujifilm GFX 100
LockCircle Cages for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 and GH5S
- ALPA PLATON System for medium format cinema – microsite
- ALPA XO – microsite
- Dante Cecchin – website – Italian-Australian cinematographer/director who created the LockCircle camera accessories brand in Italy.
- LockCircle Cinematic Engineering – website
- Unititled – Italian-Australian Cinematographer/Director Dante Cecchin Creates Bolidism-Inspired LockCircle HiPock Cage System for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
Help support ‘Untitled’
- Fujifilm GF lenses – B&H
- FUJIFILM GFX 100 Medium Format Mirrorless Camera (Body Only) – B&H
- LockCircle camera cages – B&H