“If you dream of spending hours mulling over snaps in a dark room, or are incapable of sitting through a film without boring your friends with comments about the special effects, a degree in either film production or photography could be for you….”
Congratulations to the film and photography teaching team at Coventry University for being placed at number 1 with a score of 100 for 2019, and especially to its photography teaching team which includes a number of Australians including Anthony Luvera and Gemma-Rose Turnbull.
Coventry University very much sounds like the sort of institution I was so hoping that the university I attended might be but most certainly was not, with film and photography teachers of a calibre that simply did not exist back then in Western Australia.
- Coventry University
- Coventry University – Photography and Collaboration MA
- The Guardian – University guide 2019: Coventry University
- The Guardian – University guide 2019: Film production and photography
- The Guardian – University guide 2019: league table for film production & photography
- Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success – Coventry University: Photography and Collaboration Master of Arts
Dr Michael Coyne is a legendary Australian photojournalist and documentary photographer whose client list includes some of the most prestigious magazine, corporate and institutional clients. He is heavily involved in outreach and education, being Adjunct Professor of Photography at Melbourne’s RMIT University and Honorary Lecturer at Hong Kong University as well as a respected public speaker.
A longtime Fujifilm camera user and Fujifilm Ambassador, Dr Coyne was chosen to test the Fujifilm GFX 50S in Tokyo in January between working on assignments and personal projects such as the one about contemporary village life depicted in this video.