“Keen on honing your videography skills too?
DISCOVER Fujifilm Video workshop will help you understand the tools, controls, staging and lighting to help you produce top quality videos.
Start to make your own video masterpiece.
Come & join us at Fujifilm House of Photography.”
Fujifilm X-H2, X-H2S & X-T4 with Fujinon cinema lenses & accessories
All hybrid mirrorless cameras released during the last decade or so are capable of recording good quality video and recent mirrorless hybrid cameras have been approaching ever closer the video quality of dedicated cinema cameras.
Since the hybrid stills and movie revolution was accidentally kicked off by Canon with its EOS 5D Mark II and the 2008 release of Reverie, the short movie co-directed by Vince Laforet and Yoni Brook, many former stills-only photographers have also become videographers if not cinematographers.
Fujifilm has come relatively late to supporting video and is still in the throes of catching up with the likes of Canon, Panasonic and Sony, but its APS-C/Super 35 cameras are more affordable than 35mm sensor aka “full frame” cameras by the latter manufacturers while offering excellent stills quality that competes with 35mm sensor cameras.
This free workshop should provide an excellent and in-depth introduction into videography using Fujifilm cameras and lenses and Sydney’s Fujifilm House of Photography provides the opportunity to touch and try cameras and lenses well-suited to video work.
- B&H Affiliate Link – click here to research and purchase or pre-order your choice of cameras, lenses and accessories for stills photography and video production whatever your genre and subject matter.
- B&H Affiliate Link – Digital Cinema Lenses (Arri PL-Mount) – Chiopt Extreme – DZOFilm – Irix – Meike– Rokinon Xeen – Sigma – Sirui – SLR Magic – Tokina – Venus Optics Laowa – Viltrox
- B&H Affiliate Link – Fujifilm – X-H2 – X-H2S – X-Pro3 – X-T4 – X-T5
- B&H Affiliate Link – Fujifilm – X Series Lenses – Primes – XF 14mm f/2.8 R – XF 16mm f/2.8 R WR – XF 18mm f/1.4 R LM WR– XF 18mm f/2.0 R – XF 23mm f/2.0 R WR – XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR – XF 30mm f/2.8 R LM WR Macro – XF 35mm f/2.0 R WR – XF 50mm f/2.0 R WR – XF 60mm f/2.4 R Macro
- B&H Affiliate Link – Fujifilm – X Series Lenses – Zooms – XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR – XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR – XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR – XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR – XF 18-120mm f/4.0 LM PZ WR – XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR – XF 150-600mm f/5.6-8.0 R LM OIS WR
- B&H Affiliate Link – Fujifilm – Cinema Lenses – MKX18-55mm T2.9 Lens (Fuji X-Mount) – MKX50-135mm T2.9 Lens (Fuji X-Mount)
- B&H Affiliate Link – Fujifilm Accessories – VG-XT4 Vertical Battery Grip – VG-XH Vertical Battery Grip – FT-XH File Transmitter Grip – FAN-001 Cooling Fan – NP-W235 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 2200mAh) – TG-BT1 Tripod Grip with Bluetooth
- B&H Affiliate Link – RØDE – Australian maker of audio production and recording hardware and software including dedicated video microphones.
- B&H Affiliate Link – Tascam CA-XLR2d-F XLR Microphone Adapter Kit for FUJIFILM Cameras
- Fujifilm X | GFX USA Creators – web page – “Our Collective of Creatives, Mentors, and Educators: A group as broad as it is diverse, our Creators represent the best we have to offer the image making community. Thanks for getting to know them.”
- Fujifilm X | GFX USA X-Photographers – web page
- Fujifilm X USA Exposure Center – Filmmaking – “Feed your creativity with education, inspiration, and insight from the world of photography.”
- Fujifilm X USA Exposure Center – Your Creative Video Toolkit – “Every current X Series camera is capable of recording high-quality 4K footage that’s sure to dazzle, so if you’re looking to explore the world of moving images, then you’ve made an excellent start. Creating a great video is all about how you use the camera to tell the story, and there are countless techniques from the cinema world that videographers and cinematographers use to do this. In this article, we introduce a few cinematography techniques and explain how they help to bring your story to life.“
- Leeming LUT Pro – website – “Leeming LUT Pro™ is the world’s first unified, corrective Look Up Table ( LUT ) system for supported cameras, designed to maximise dynamic range, fix skin tones, remove unwanted colour casts and provide an accurate Rec.709 starting point for further creative colour grading….” – We strongly recommend investing in Leeming LUT combos for all cameras you use for video production in order to get the very best starting point for deadly accurate colour and easier colour grading.
- Unititled.Net – CineD: Our Recap of the FUJIFILM Day at the ASC Clubhouse – Commentary
- Unititled.Net – CineD: FUJIFILM X-H2 Review – Are We Looking at the APS-C Mirrorless Camera of the Year? – Commentary
- Unititled.Net – Film and Digital Times: SIGMA fp and fp L cameras get EL Zone – Commentary – Fujifilm must add the incredible EL Zone System formulated by Director of Photography Ed Lachman, ASC, to the firmware of its X-H2 and X-H2S cameras. With EL Zone System, traditional video assist tools like scopes and waveforms are rendered redundant.
- Unititled.Net – Fujifilm X Global: X-H2S: Adriana Bernal x Short Film “Reencuentro” – Commentary
- Unititled.Net – Fujifilm X Series: X-H2S: Shooting skateboard by Lanna Apisukh/ FUJIFILM
- Unititled.Net – Noam Kroll: The Best Fuji X-T4 Settings For High End Video Production – Commentary
- Unititled.Net – serr: Using the Fujifilm XH2S as a Cinema Camera – Commentary