“In this video, RØDE Product Specialist Ryan Burke takes us through the features and specifications of the first major firmware update for the RØDE Wireless GO II.
This update unlocks a number of new features in the Wireless GO II, most notably standalone onboard recording without the need for the transmitter to be connected to the receiver, essentially turning the Wireless GO II into a super-compact field recorder.
Once activated within the updated RØDE Central app, onboard recording will begin as soon as the transmitter is switched on, and will continue recording until it’s turned off.
Additional new features in this firmware update include:
– Low sensitivity mode for the transmitters.
– Transmitter LED brightness adjustment.
– Ability to change the functionality of the transmitter power button to drop markers into the onboard recording.
You can download the new firmware via the RØDE Central app now at https://rode.com/microphones/wireless/wirelessgoii“
“This update introduces a number of new features that you have been asking for. First and foremost, it enables standalone on-board recording, meaning recording is now possible without the need for the transmitters to be connected to the receiver, essentially turning the Wireless GO II into a super-compact field recorder.
This is perfect if you want to record an interview, capture foley sounds on the fly, or simply record voice memos while on a shoot. This will now become the default recording mode when the Wireless GO II is updated to the latest firmware via RØDE Central.
Additional new features include:
- Low Sensitivity Mode (input pad) for the transmitters
- LED brightness adjustment for the transmitters
- Ability to change the functionality of the transmitter power button to either mute the input, drop a marker into the on-board recording, or deactivate the button….”
This firmware update for RØDE Microphones’ Wireless GO II system looks incredibly useful and, according to the email notification about this, there are more such updates to come.
I am looking forward to trying out Wireless GO II soon!
- RØDE Microphones – Introducing the Wireless GO II – Next Generation Wireless Audio From RØDE
- RØDE Microphones – How To Connect the Wireless GO II to Mobile Devices
- RØDE Microphones – Using The Wireless GO II With Your Smartphone | Sounds Simple
- RØDE Microphones – Wireless GO II Learning Hub
- RØDE Microphones – Wireless GO II On-Board Recording and Audio Export Modes Explained
- RØDE Microphones – Wireless GO II – product page
- Unititled.Net – Audio Recording – please use this B&H affiliate link list for researching and purchasing audio equipment and help keep Unititled.Net going.
- Unititled.Net – RØDE Microphones: Introducing the Wireless GO II – Next Generation Wireless Audio From RØDE