“Flashback to 2014 and the headlines in the mirrorless filmmaking world was that of the LUMIX GH4 being the very first hybrid mirrorless camera capable of recording in UHD 4K, without the need for an external recorder – how times have quickly changed. With the recent release of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, and now the official release of the LUMIX S1H, it looks like 6K video within these compact camera bodies is now a thing. Panasonic LUMIX did of course share some of the top headline specs of this new camera a few months ago, teasing us filmmakers with what was promising to be the most powerful hybrid camera for filmmaking to date – and it seems like they’ve delivered. In this video, Kriss runs you through the main features of the S1H and shares his thoughts on how he found shooting with a pre-production model in the HD, 4K and 6K recording modes.”
This is one of the best Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H review videos so far with excellent sample footage and plenty of insights from a working cinematographer, hopefully with in-depth follow up videos to come.
- Wex Photo Video – Panasonic LUMIX S1H Full Overview | 6K Test Footage and System Review | First Look – video
Help support ‘Untitled’
- Atomos Store – B&H
- L-Mount Lenses – B&H – native mount lenses for Leica, Panasonic and Sigma mirrorless cameras.
- Panasonic DMW-BGS1 Battery Grip – B&H
- Panasonic DMW-BLJ31 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 3100mAh) – B&H
- Panasonic DMW-RS2 Remote Shutter – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Mirrorless Digital Camera Filmmaker’s Kit – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Mirrorless Digital Camera with Camera Cage Kit – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix S 24-105mm f/4 Macro O.I.S. Lens – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens – B&H