Panasonic LUMIX introduces the LEICA VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm F1.7 ASPH, the world’s first* standard zoom lens achieving full-range F1.7
Panasonic LUMIX is proud to introduce a new standard zoom digital interchangeable lens, the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X1025), which boasts a large F1.7 aperture throughout the entire 20-50mm (35mm camera equivalent) zoom range with exceptionally high optical performance clearing the stringent LEICA standards. The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. is suitable not only for shooting stills but also for video to satisfy both professional photographers and videographers.
The full-range F1.7 high-speed aperture provides beautiful bokeh and outstanding image quality. Covering a focusing distance from wide angle to standard zoom range, the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. functions as a multiple fixed focal length lens providing the same or an even higher level of image quality than prime lenses can offer. It is suitable for a variety of daily shooting situations, from dynamic landscapes to low-light , dispelling the need to change lenses depending on the situation.
Comprising 17 elements in 12 groups, the lens system features three aspherical lenses and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses that will effectively suppress axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification. Spherical aberration and distortion are also corrected by the aspherical lenses for stunningly high resolution. The use of aspherical lenses and the optimum design of the lens system results in a compact size and light weight despite its outstanding optical performance.
Compatibility with a maximum 240-fps high-speed sensor drive realizes high-speed, high-precision auto focusing. Notably, the new lens excels in video recording performance. In addition to the silent operation achieved by the inner focus drive system, the step-less aperture ring and micro-step drive system in the aperture control section help the camera to smoothly catch up to brightness changes when zooming or panning. The optical design achieves exceptional barycentric stability to minimize image shifts during zooming. Adoption of a focus clutch mechanism enables instant AF/MF switching and accurate manual focusing. The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. also excels in performance with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, which was a problem of interchangeable lenses designed for still image photography.
The rugged dust/splash-resistant*1 design withstands use under harsh conditions even in 10 degrees below zero for high mobility. Nine blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. Filter diameter is 77mm. Highly reliable metal mount ensures long term use.
The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH has a recommended retail price of £1,799.99 (Ireland €2,079.99) and will be available from 15th July 2019.
Panasonic is committed to expanding the line of Micro Four Thirds line up through its LUMIX G series of cameras and lenses.
* As a digital interchangeable lens for a mirrorless camera, as of 31st May 2019
*1 Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Damien Demolder – Clickless apertures and Manual focus clutch on the Leica DG Vario-Elmerit 10-25mm f/1.7 – video
- Lumix G | Experience – Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH hands on gallery
- Lumix G | Experience – Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH technical details
- Lumix G | Experience – Panasonic LUMIX introduces the LEICA VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm F1.7 ASPH, the world’s first standard zoom lens achieving full-range F1.7
- Panasonic Australia – Panasonic releases world’s first standard zoom lens with constant F1.7 aperture: LEICA H-X1025*
- Panasonic UK – Panasonic LUMIX introduces the LEICA VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm F1.7 ASPH, the world’s first* standard zoom lens achieving full-range F1.7
- Panasonic USA – Panasonic Introduces The World’s First* Standard Zoom Lens Achieving Full-range F1.7 LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X1025)
Help support ‘Untitled’
- Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens – B&H