“Panasonic is displaying the new 10-25mm f/1.7 at the CP+ show. But thewy [sic] did not disclose any detail yet about pricing and shipment start….”
If Panasonic gets everything right with this lens it will be in high demand by available light/available darkness documentary photographers and videographers relying on Micro Four Thirds hybrid video/stills cameras like Panasonic’s Lumix DC-G9, Lumix DC-GH5, Lumix DC-GX9 and more, as well as videographers using the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K aka BMPCC 4K.
I have written elsewhere on this website about this lens and others in the same ballpark, but if this lens is to have everything I want then it needs:
- Choice of clickless and clicking aperture stops
- Manual clutch focus
- Optical image stabilization aka OIS
As the Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 is still in development, any images released at the moment must be considered to be of pre-production or dummy models and we can only speculate about the lens’ actual specifications.
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 zoom lens for Micro Four Thirds
- 4/3 Rumors – Images of the new 10-25mm f/1.7 displayed at the CP+ show
- Untitled – Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 Wide Angle Zoom Lens, Heir to Leica’s Tri-Elmar-M MATE and WATE Prime-Quality Stepped Zooms
- Untitled – Thinking about the The Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7