“Mark Wyatt talks about using the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. ‘Nature’ is Mark’s test of the camera’s 4K performance in the extreme lighting conditions of rainforests and ravines.
“The camera tests I wanted to do were in the forests and waterfalls on the outer West Coast of Canada. I was really interested in seeing how the new sensor would handle these harsh lighting conditions. By increasing the ISO to an impressive 1250 and 2500, it allowed me to capture the dark moss-lined walls and unique emerald color, yet also hold onto the highlight detail of the top of the waterfall and sky. I feel most cameras would likely struggle with this scene.”
“I had the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K for only a few days, but overall I was really impressed by it. The weight of the camera is very liberating, especially when you are used to using larger camera systems. The screen is big and bright enough to use in daylight, which I found great for judging focus and exposure. And, the colors too on the screen, were also nicely represented. In fact, I would argue it is Blackmagic’s best screen yet.”…”
It is terrific to see the first footage from Blackmagic Design’s Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K finally begin to appear.
Now we need some footage containing skin tones in order to really begin to understand what the camera is capable of!
- 8Sinn – Supported Cameras – Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Lock Circle – Hipock, the Pocket 4K Camera Cage
- News Shooter – First official video from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K released
Header image concept and hack by Carmel D. Morris.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links and purchasing through them helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K – B&H
- Blackmagic Design Mini XLR Cable for Video Assist/4K (Set of 2, 19.5″) – B&H
- Canon CN-E 24mm T1.5 L F Cinema Prime Lens (EF Mount) – B&H
- Metabones Micro Four Thirds adapters – B&H
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens – B&H
- Rokinon 50mm T1.5 AS UMC Cine DS Lens for Canon EF Mount – B&H
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens – B&H