Panasonic has announced the Lumix DC-GX9 rangefinder-style camera, reportedly the successor to the Lumix DMC-GX8, and this article lists links to articles, press releases, reviews and videos about the camera. I will be sharing my thoughts about the GX9 in a separate article coming soon.
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Camera for “Street Photography”
- 4/3 Rumors – Panasonic GX9 and ZS200 officially announced!
- B&H Explora – Panasonic Pumps Up the Zoom with the Lumix DC-ZS200 and DC-GX9 Cameras
- DPReview – Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9: What you need to know – “… the GX9 can be thought of as a step-up model from the GX85, rather than as a direct successor to the more expensive GX8.”
- DPReview – Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 First Impressions Review and Sample Gallery – “Speaking of viewfinders, Panasonic has gone back to a field sequential panel (a different technology than traditional LCD or OLED,) which some people may find distracting due to ‘color tearing’.”
- DPReview – Panasonic Lumix GX9 offers 20MP with no low-pass filter, improved shutter mechanism
- Imaging Resource – In-camera compositing? I bet your camera can’t do this, but the Panasonic GX9 can
- Imaging Resource – Shrink-ray street-shooter: The Panasonic GX9 is smaller, more affordable, yet promises better IQ
- Lumix G Experience – The Lumix GX9 – what’s new?
- Photography Blog – Panasonic Lumix GX9 Review
- The Phoblographer – First Impressions: Panasonic GX9 (Micro Four Thirds, Sample Images Included)
- Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success – 4/3 Rumors: (FT5) First image of the new Panasonic GX9 leaked! – COMMENTARY
- Wex Photo Video – Panasonic LUMIX GX9 vs GX8 —The Differences You Need to Know
Media and News Releases
- Panasonic Australia – Panasonic releases impressive LUMIX DC-GX9 camera for the enthusiast
- Panasonic Germany – Modernes Top-Modell mit anspruchsvoller Ausstattung wie 20 MP-Sensor, flexiblem Sucher, 5-Achsen-Dual-Bildstabilisator, DFD-AF, und 4K Video/Foto
- Panasonic Japan – NEW 一眼カメラ DC-GX7MK3 3月中旬発売予定 – In Japan, the Lumix DC-GX9 is named as the Lumix DC-GX7 Mark III, successor to the Lumix DMC-GX7 Mark II and Lumix DMC-GX7. Outside Japan, the Lumix DMC-GX7 Mark II is named as the Lumix DMC-GX80 and Lumix DMC-GX85.
- Panasonic UK – Lumix G DC-GX8, For True Creative Vision
- Panasonic USA – NEW! LUMIX GX9 Mirrorless Camera Body, 20.3 Megapixels, In-Body Image Stabilizer, plus 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 Kit Lens – DC-GX9MK – “This item will be released on April 1, 2018.”
- Imaging Resource – Panasonic GX9 Review
- Photo by Richard – Panasonic Lumix GX9 Review – the best street photography camera?
- DPReview – Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Overview
- ePHOTOzine – Panasonic Lumix GX9 4K Video Sample (Handheld)
- ePHOTOzine – Panasonic Lumix GX9 Menus (No Sound, Pause if you need more time)
- ePHOTOzine – Panasonic Lumix GX9 Shutter Sound (with Lens)
- ePHOTOzine – Panasonic Lumix GX9 Shutter Sound (without Lens)
- Jessops – Jessops Academy first look at the brand new Panasonic Lumix GX9
- KM Photography – What i want on the Panasonic GX9
- PanasonicLumixVideo – [NEW] Introducing Panasonic LUMIX GX9
- Park Cameras – Panasonic Lumix GX9 Camera Hands-On First Look
- Photo by Richard – Is this the best street photography camera? Panasonic Lumix GX9 Review
- The Phoblographer – A Brief Tour of the New Panasonic GX9
- Three Blind Men and An Elephant Productions – GX9: Mind. Officially. Blown. – “… for street photography, when paired with the Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 it’s a compelling alternative to my just-announced best street photography camera/lens combo ever, the Sony a7R III with Sony/Zeiss 35mm f/1.4.”
- Wex Photo Video – Panasonic LUMIX GX9 | Street Photography Field Test in Rome
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on and purchasing via these affiliate links helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-60mm Lens – B&H