“… Whether you’re new to shooting and delivering in HDR, or have been practicing for a while, the Panasonic GH5S with V-Log L enabled provides a fantastic starting point for an all-HDR10 workflow. From monitoring what you’re shooting in HDR10 to delivering your content through the color grading process, the LUTs and workflow we’ve created will accelerate your ability to leverage HDR10 on nearly any size budget…”
Production and equipment rental company Mystery Box, LLC has published a number of articles about aspects of shooting and post-producing HDR video that are useful reading for those needing to dig deep into how to get the best out of it all.
- Mystery Box – Display Calibration & Color Management
- Mystery Box – HDR Video Part 1: What is HDR Video? – “HDR video is as much of a revolution and leap forward as the jump from analog standard definition, to digital 4K.” – Excellent 5-part series on working with HDR video.
- Mystery Box – How to Upload HDR Video to YouTube (with a LUT)
- Mystery Box – Multi-Space Color Correction: The New Paradigm
- Mystery Box – Panasonic GH5S & Shooting HDR10
- Mystery Box – Protecting Your Digital Ass(ets) Part 1: Checksums & Digital Errors Debunked – “This is the first part of a three part series on protecting your digital assets. In this part we’re going to explore the whys and the hows of checksumming: How did checksumming become common practice? What does checksumming actually do? and Why isn’t it needed?”
- Mystery Box – Studio Grading in HDR on the SmallHD P3X and Atomos Sumo 19 – “…we’ve seen an explosion of HDR capable televisions and HDR capable production monitors, which has led us to question: can we recommend any of these for grading in the studio?”
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.
- Angelbird 64GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Angelbird 128GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Angelbird 256GB Match Pack for the Panasonic EVA1 – B&H – special promotional packaging of two Angelbird 128GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC memory cards that are just as usable in other cameras than the AU-EVA1 that also have UHS-II SD card slots.
- Angelbird Atomos Master Caddy 4K RAW (500GB) – B&H
- Angelbird Atomos Master Caddy 4K RAW (1TB) – B&H
- Atomos Ninja Inferno 7″ 4K HDMI Recording Monitor – B&H
- Atomos Shogun Inferno 7″ 4K HDMI/Quad 3G-SDI/12G-SDI Recording Monitor – B&H
- Atomos SUMO19M 19″ HDR/High-Brightness Monitor – B&H
- Atomos Sumo 19″ HDR/High Brightness Monitor Recorder – B&H
- Panasonic 128GB UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – B&H
- Panasonic DMW-BGGH5 Battery Grip – B&H
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5S Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera – B&H