Apple is poised to release the first iterations of its high-end production-ready Apple iMac Pro, boasting the choice of 8, 10 or 18-core Xeon processors, turbo boost up to 4.5GHz, up to 42MB cache, up to 128GB RAM, up to 4TB SSD data storage and up to 3GB/s throughput with latest generation I/O including 4 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, 40Gb/s data transfer and 10GB Ethernet.
Any version of the iMac Pro can form the basis of a multiple display graphics, photography or video workstation with the attachment of up to two RAID systems and two 5K displays via its four Thunderbolt 3 ports at rear, allowing you to work on a 44-million pixel machine.
iMac Pro Image Gallery
The first versions of the iMac Pro are apparently scheduled for ordering on December 14 in the northern hemisphere and orders apparently will be available from Friday, 15th December in Australia.
- Apple – iMac Pro product page
- Apple – iMac Pro, the most powerful Mac ever, arrives this December – press release issued June 5, 2017
- Craig A. Hunter – 2017 iMac Pro Review
- fcp.co – Vloggers and Commercial Editors Test New iMac Pros Before Official Launch
- Jonathan Morrison – The Perfect iMac Pro Setup! – video
- MacRumors – iMac Pro Available With 8 or 10 Cores This Week, 14 and 18 Core Models Ship Early Next Year
- MacRumors – iMac Pro Described as Blazingly Fast, Quiet, and Fairly Priced, But Lacks Upgradeability
- MacRumors – Mid-Range iMac Pro is Nearly Twice as Fast as High-End 5K iMac and Up to 45% Faster Than 2013 Mac Pro
- Marques Brownlee – iMac Pro: 1 Week Impressions! – video
- ProVideoCoalition – The new iMac Pro–is it worth it? Probably.
- Randi Altman’s postPerspective – First Impressions: Apple’s new iMac Pro
- Twelve South – HiRise Pro for iMac & Displays – I have been needing stands like this for the editing machines on my standing desk to get them up to the right level. Twelve South states that there is a “soft supple leather valet tray on top of the stand”. I have been told that the “leather” is, in fact, vegan leather. Non-vegan leather’s extreme cruelty to animals, its liability to equipment-destroying mould infection and its environmental irresponsibility mitigate against using animal leather in any photography and video production equipment and I hope that all manufacturers will follow Twelve South’s fine example.
- Vincent LaForet – Apple’s new iMacPro has an impressive 200%-300% speed bump. – “Last week I received a pelican case from Apple with a very special Mac inside of it… It was an iMac Pro configured as a 10 Core 3GHZ Intel Xeon W, 2TB SSD, 128 GB RAM, Vega 64 Radeon….”
The Last Jedi header image concept and quick hack by Carmel D. Morris. Official product photographs kindly supplied by Apple.
Help support ‘Untitled’
Clicking on these affiliate links and purchasing through them helps us continue our work for ‘Untitled: Stories of Creativity, Innovation, Success’.