Polish video camera accessories maker 8Sinn has released a top handles adapter extension adapter for its GH5 camera cage. The adapter is designed for use with Panasonic’s DMW-XLR1 microphone adapter that sits on the Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5’s hotshoe. The DMW-XLR1 adapter enables GH5 users to input audio into their GH5 via XLR-cabled microphones in the same way that camcorders have for some years now.
8Sinn currently makes three different top-mounted handles for its cages and the top handles extension adapter works with all three including the Scorpio, my favourite due to its more enclosing design and versatility as a top or side handle able to be mounted at any angle via its Arri rosette and optional Arri rosette mount and NATO safety rail.
8Sinn’s Top Handles Extension Adapter appears to be the second such adapter designed to accommodate the DMW-XLR1 audio adapter by raising cage handles forward and upwards. Seercam’s Extension Kit for Cube GH5 made for its Cube GH5 camera cage and Classic Plus Handle was the first such device to market so far as I know.
- 8Sinn – 8Sinn Top Handles Extension Adapter
- 8Sinn – Search results for ‘GH5’
- Panasonic USA – NEW! LUMIX GH5 4K Mirrorless ILC Camera Body with 20.3 Megapixels, 4K 60p & 4:2:2 10-bit Internal, Dual Image Stabilization 2, & WiFi + Bluetooth
- Panasonic USA – NEW! LUMIX GH5 XLR Professional Microphone Adaptor, 2 XLR Terminals – DMW-XLR1
- Seercam – Cube GH5
- Seercam – Extension Kit for Cube GH5